- Fifteen years of professional writing experience, including technical, grant, news, feature, and philanthropy writing.
- Five years technical editing experience, including academic software documentation and financial statements.
- Eight years professional administrative experience, including support to executives and finance.
- Three years project management experience, including budgeting and process improvement.
- Bachelor of Arts in Communications, with a 3.75 GPA.
Augusta University Augusta, Ga.
Philanthropy Writer, 2019-present
- Support Philanthropy & Alumni Engagement.
- Create and edit donor stories, gift agreements, proposals and case statements using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and WordPress.
- Manage and review communications, website, and content using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat and WordPress.
- Collaborate with giving officers and communications and marketing teams to design and create compelling donor stories, proposals and case statements for print and website publication.
Board of Regents of the University System of Georgia Athens, Ga.
Communications Specialist, 2016-2019
- Supported Student Services (GeorgiaBEST Team), Academic Data Collections, Directors and Assistant Directors.
- Created and edited Banner and Georgia Enhancements documents, announcements and website updates for University System of Georgia Institutions, using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, MailChimp, and Expression Engine.
- Managed and reviewed communications, website, and content using Microsoft Office, Adobe Acrobat, MailChimp, and Expression Engine.
- Managed training and communications for the GeorgiaBEST program and software releases using Microsoft PowerPoint, WebEx, and Skype.
- Managed documentation and communications lifecycle for GeorgiaBEST releases using Microsoft Office.
- Managed GeorgiaBEST website updates for releases and product calendar information.
- Managed review cycle and updates for GeorgiaBEST release documentation.
- Managed internal communication commitments and provide consistent messaging to the public.
Cherry Bekaert, LLP. Augusta, Ga.
Audit Administrative Assistant, 2014-2016
- Supported Audit Partner and Audit staff.
- Supported Audit Deliverables Group in editing, formatting, and proofreading audit deliverables, firm wide, using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Prepared error-free reports, memos, and letters using Microsoft Office, ProStaff Enterprise, GoFileRoom, and Adobe Acrobat.
- Prepared proposals using Microsoft Office and Adobe Acrobat.
- Proofread proposals and audit reports.
- Maintained electronic client files using ProSystem fx Engagement software and GoFileRoom.
- Printed and bound files and reports that are issued to clients, using an Akiles WireMac-E binding system.
Metro Spirit, Augusta, Ga.
Arts Writer, 2012-2014
Freelance Writer, 2008-2009
- Wrote feature stories on personalities, events, arts, and entertainment using Microsoft Office.
- Interviewed local and national artists for stories and profiles.
- Previewed and reviewed events, performances and other entertainment of local and national significance.
- Edited stories for factual information and grammatical precision from on-staff and freelance writers using Microsoft Office.
C4 Planning Solutions, Blythe, Ga.
Technical Writing Intern, January-May 2013
- Wrote, edited, and reviewed proposals for the capture management team using Microsoft Office, with the goal of increasing prospect of winning contracts.
- Edited marketing materials, including brochures, business proposals, digital communications, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Wrote and edited compliance communications for Human Resources; authored EEO/Affirmative Action Compliance document.
Social Crisis Films, Augusta, Ga.
Grant Writing Intern, May-August 2011
- Assisted lead grant writer in identifying sources for post-production funds.
- Researched public and private grant agencies and foundations to identify sources of funding.
- Managed social media presence and developed concepts with viral potential.
- Assisted with editing, annotating, and indexing video interview footage using Microsoft Office.
MAU, Beech Island, S.C.
Administrative Assistant, 2006-2012
- Assisted the Kimberly Clark on-site MAU office in payroll processing using Microsoft Office and Intrastaff.
- Monitored attendance compliance policy implementation and documented and redirected noncompliant employees; made recommendations to executive staff regarding employee terminations.
- Assisted five departments, including Human Resources for Kimberly-Clark, with scheduling, supply chain management and work flow optimization using Microsoft Office and SAP business management software.
- Assisted with recruiting, including outreach, managing new employee orientation, and providing on-boarding support, using Microsoft Office and SAP business management software.
- During $300 million Kimberly Clark plant expansion, served on the Groundbreaking Ceremony Committee and Services Area Project; designed, selected, and distributed executive memorabilia.
- Managed document system for plant expansion, including technical documents, drawings, and electronic files, using SAP business management software, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Office.
- Coordinated travel arrangements and meetings.
- Managed supplies, work orders, and mail distribution using SAP business management software.
- Prepared agenda, minutes, spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations for meetings using Microsoft Office.
Augusta University, May 2013, Bachelor of Arts in Communications and Professional Writing
ACTIVITIES AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Member, Board of Directors, Family Counseling Center of the CSRA, 2012-2014
- Inductee, Lambda Pi Eta Communications Honors Society, 2011-2013
- Inductee, Sigma Tau Delta International English Honors Society, 2012-2013
- President, Creative Writing Club, 2012-2013